Business Systems Analyst Senior Job at Tecknomic LLC in Washington DC
This is a full-time position with Tecknomic and project is with the DOES, DC. Looking for someone with 11-15 years of experience.
- Responsible for the successful delivery and implementation of the project within scope and on schedule, ensuring customer expectations are satisfied.
- Responsible for Quality Management including Test Planning, Test Management, Test Reporting and Defect resolution with vendors.
- Follows up on the open tasks to bring them to closure in partnership with various stakeholders.
- Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning, monitoring and control, risk and financial management, reporting, and serving as primary liaison with Vendor and Agency stakeholders.
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in overseeing the project efforts.
- Guide the project team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and institutionalize Agile Software Development Lifecycle. Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies and remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel.
- Perform project scheduling and planning oversight support. Assist with best practices on schedule management and best practices for creation, update, baseline, resource leveling, etc.
- Reviews vendor deliverables and ensures that vendor fulfill their contractual requirements; resolves complex, and/or mission critical problems.
- Assist and facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution; assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Provides expert IT technical solutions, advice, guidance, and recommendations to top management officials and other technical specialists in the area of Applications Project Management; utilizes industry standard practices in providing strategic oversight; provides expert advice and guidance on application and information management products and services, and IT industry standards.
- Provide Contract management oversight support including contract analysis and contract audit services of contracts and evaluation of processes and procedures.
- Collect, organize, store, and manage project oversight activities and task information using project and portfolio management tool. This includes maintaining current and archival project files, collecting and distributing project information, and entering project updates into project tracking systems.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience; or a current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
11-15 yrs. BA experience Required
11-15 yrs. Software Development Lifecycle experience Required
11-15 yrs. requirements gathering and documentation
11-15 yrs. MS Office experience
General Project Management 12 Years Required
Experience with Microsoft Project 5 Years Required
Expert in eliciting, analyzing and documenting requirements 12 Years Required
Test Planning, Management, Defect Reporting Required 8 Months Required
Experience documenting User Stories Required 3 Years Required
Must have experience on capturing RFP Requirements, Vendor Evaluations 5 Years Required
Experience with Agile Methodologies and facilitating SCRUM ceremonies 3 Years Required
Experience with COTS Implementations Required 5 Years Required
Experience with Data Analysis and Data Modeling Required 5 Years Required
Experience creating Project Charter, Business Case Required 3 Years Required
Experience delivering and supporting enterprise applications 5 Years Required
Experience creating System Architectures and Implementation Approaches/Plans 5 Years Required
Company: Tecknomic LLC
Company Location: Washington DC