Membership Director Job at The Aluminum Association Inc. in Washington DC
MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR – THE ALUMINUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
The Aluminum Association (TAA), based in Arlington, VA is searching for a Membership Director. Established in 1933, TAA is the trade association for the North American aluminum industry and has a $7.5M budget. The Aluminum Association is the industryï¿½s leading voice in Washington, D.C., providing global standards, industry statistics, trade policy and expert knowledge to member companies and policy makers nationwide. Highly engaged in public policy and technical forums, the Association is committed to advancing aluminum as the sustainable metal of choice around the world.
This role, which reports to the Vice President, Public Affairs will support the External Affairs and Industry Relations Department.ï¿½
The position is responsible for the implementation and realization of The Aluminum Associationï¿½s membership recruitment and retention strategic objectives. The position is also responsible for developing one-on-one relationships with members, including identifying unique member needs, determining program priorities and assessing overall level of engagement/satisfaction. The position is further responsible for engaging key internal stakeholders (as needed) for purposes of pursing recruitment strategies and/or sharing relevant membership intelligence.
Responsibilities of the Membership Directorï¿½
- Designs and manages annual innovative member recruitment strategies and programs, including direct and content marketing, robust branded materials, sales of memberships and sponsorships, and identification of relevant association staff and board assistance in the sales process.
- Maintain and research pipeline of potential members
- Work with staff executives to develop marketing material for relevant markets/segments
- Calculate dues quote for potential producer members
- Articulate membership process (application, references, member review, etc.)
- Develops and oversees membership retention strategies (in collaboration with staff committee leads), including analysis of overall member engagement/satisfaction at the board, committee, workgroup, and staff levels, using Your Membership CRM and other tools. Communicates the Associationï¿½s programs, services and systems to member company representatives and ensures engagement of key roles within member companies with applicable advocacy and programmatic efforts, including identifying potential committee assignments.
- Connect member with staff as needed to retain membership
- Work closely with other Association staff to identify and address at-risk members.
- Evaluates and recommends enhancements to the associationï¿½s program/services, in support of membership retention.
- Leads the member onboarding process
- Draft welcome emails to new members
- Schedule internal prep session and new member onboarding
- Send follow-up emails to new members after onboarding with relevant information
- Create onboarding slides
- Check-in with new member at set points in time (30 days, 60 days, etc.)
- Connect new members with relevant staff
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of member and perspective member company businesses, interests, issues, priorities, people, etc., including monitoring trade news for merger, acquisition, and divestment activity. Develops and maintains prospective member lists and background information, web generated prospective member contacts.
- Works with VP of Market Growth and Development to develop dues for individual companies and with the VP of Finance and Administration to monitor dues payments and to reach out to companies that are late in dues payments.
- Develop and update relevant membership materials
- Update and maintain the Associationï¿½s Committee/Division Manual
- Own membership applications
- Develop membership marketing material: One-pagers, website content, social promotion, etc.
- Create slides and agenda for new member and first-time attendee meeting during in-person events
- Partners with internal subject matter experts and senior leadership relative to implementation strategies and/or tactics focused on improving company perceptions and membership value proposition of The Aluminum Association, as well as membership governance needs.
- Oversees and serves as staff lead for the associationï¿½s membership database (e.g., Customer Relationship Management ï¿½ CRM database), including data structure, relevancy, and integrity.
- Own member record update process in YM
- Maintain record of member connections during retention program to ensure equitable outreach
- Work with Finance Dept. to ensure accurate member information prior to sending annual budget to official reps
- Serves as the staff lead for the Membership Development Committee
- Maintain equitable mix of members in MDC (could require adding more members)
- Send application emails to committee/relevant staff for approval
- Consider setting up a standing call with MDC chair
- Develop ways to further engage this group of members for membership recruitment
- Performs additional ad hoc tasks driven by management or committees as requested or required.
PandoLogic. Category: Customer Service, Keywords: Membership Director00 – 0Full-Time
Company: The Aluminum Association Inc.
Company Location: Washington DC